The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Friday, September 16, 2011

Visiting With Bill Shea and Ernie Edwards on Route 66-- Part 3: Two More Bill Shea Stories

Bill Shea, "I'm pushing ninety and it's pushing back. When I hit 90, I'll start taking it easy and working half days."

And, here I am retired since I was 55.


Bill Shea, "Visitors often ask what the correct pronunciation of the "Route" in Route 66 is.

Hey, he's been there long enough. If anybody would know, it would be him.

Bill diplomatically says, "Either Root or Route. But before it was paved, they just called it 'rut'."

Personally, I cringe when I hear the "Route" pronunciation.

Ya Just Gotta Love That Bill!! --RoadDog

No comments: