The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Monday, August 15, 2011

The Vinyl Frontier: McCoys, Monkees & Kendricks

Electronic and Music stores where I can feel at home are getting few and far between these days. Just one more thing "They" meaning most people, are taking away from me.

However, I have found one, The Vinyl Frontier, about ten miles from home at 1326 N. Riverside Drive (which fronts the Fox River, part of the Chain of Lakes).

I try to get there whenever I'm in town.

They open daily at noon, and have a good collection of 45s, LPs, and CDs. In addition, you can usually find another customer to talk records with in the place, along with the owner.

Last month I went there and bought two albums and two CDs.


The CDs:

More of the Monkees: She, Mary Mary, Your Auntie Grizelda and I'm a Believer.

EDDIE KENDRICKS: The Ultimate Collection: Keep on Truckin' and Boogie Down.


The LPs:

KEEP ON ROCKIN' (4 LPs, 40 songs):

Record One, Side A

People Got to Be Free-- Rascals
Along Comes Mary-- Association
Spirit in the Sky-- Norman Greenbaum
Let's Live for Today-- Grass Roots
Love Is All Around-- Troggs
Society's Child-- Janis Ian

Record One, Side B

Love the One You're With-- Stephen Stills
Spooky-- Classics IV
One-- Three Dog Night
Different Drum-- Linda Ronstadt & The Stone Poneys
Fire & Rain-- James Taylor
Happy Together-- Turtles

And there are three more albums worth.

The other album was HANG ON SLOOPY by the McCoys on Bang records.

Lots of good stuff and covers on this one.

Hang On Sloopy
Fever
Sorrow
If You tell a Lie
I Don't Mind
Stubborn Kind of Fellow
I Can't Help Fallin In Love
All I Really Want to Do
Papa's Got a Brand New Bag
I Can't Explain It
High Heel Sneakers
Stormy Monday Blues

Well, a few Places For Me, Anyway. --RoadDog


No comments: