The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Topsail Beach Summer 2011: August 17th-- Part 1: Getting Ready to Go

Preparing for summer trips always takes more time as I have to prepare the lawn and flowers for the time I'll be away.

Usually August means that I only have to cut the grass once or twice, but not this year. With all the rain we've been getting since the second half of July, it's cut grass every four days. I cut the grass Sunday and then cut it again Tuesday, only another half inch shorter.

All flowers in planters need to be watered heavily, Japanese beetle sweeps made, deadheading, weeding and so forth. I do not expect Liz to do anything outside while I'm gone.

Then, there's one last go at the the computer for e-mail (two accounts) and perhaps one-last entry on each of the four blogs since I don't know if I'll have access to a computer where I'm going.

Then, there is packing. I usually pack nothing before the day we leave. Liz does more planning for what I'll need than I do. Even so, I'm sure to leave at least one or more needed items.

Today, in addition, I had to cash a check and pick up the Firebird from where it was having brake work.

Then, I Was Ready to Go. --RoadDog

No comments: