The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Thursday, May 23, 2024

Savannah Bound-- Part 20: Records, Huc-A-Poos and a Steak

FRIDAY, APRIL 5

Yesterday was Ed and my history day.  Today was our music day.  Like I said, a brother from another mother.  Thanks Julie.

We drove into Savannah, listening to an oldies station and quizzing each other on song names and performers.  First stop was sat a mom and pop style record/CD store called  Rody's.  I bought two CDs, one by Delbert McClinton and one by James Hunter Six.

Then, we drove out to Wilmington Island, near Tybee Island and went to Coastal Records where Ed bought an old Beatles LP.

When I found out we were near Tybee Island, I mentioned it and wanted to know if a great dive diner called Huc-A-Poos was still there and the owner said it sure was and was as good as ever.  Liz and I had finally found it after looking all over Tybee and it was worth the search.  They feature extremely rustic seating and some of the best giant slices of ubique pizza I'd ever had.

Ed had never been there before but will definitely come back.

Returned home and Julie introduced me to a tabby kitten named Olaf who was quite a character.  I believe one of her goals was to get me to go home with a kitten.  Tempted.

They grilled a steak and we watched the Iowa women's basketball game in the Final Four of that tournament and they will go to the championship game against South Carolina.

These days, everywhere you go it's Caitlyn Clarke.

--RoadRecords


No comments: