The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Going On JFK's Air Force One Fifty Years Later-- Part 10


As I said before, a big reason for me leaving on Nov. 21st, was because I wanted to be at the National Museum of the U.S. Air Force outside of Dayton, Ohio, on Dec. 22, 2013, the 50th anniversary of that tragic day that so marked my generation's collective memory. And, here I was on a bus heading out to the hangar in which that plane resides today.

We got off the bus and everyone made a quick dash to the plane. Denny and I figured we'd just go over to the other side of the hangar and take a look at the Research and Development planes and what-not over there. That was interesting as well.

After 20 minutes, we walked over to the presidential plane side and went on a plane used by FDR and Truman. Now, this was a tight fit as the walkways are lined with a plastic wall and at places was very small. I found the elevator they placed at the rear of the plane for FDR to be quite interesting.

As Tatoo Would Say... "Da Plane, Da Plane." --RoadDog

No comments: