The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Thursday, March 21, 2013

NC Bound Spring 2013: March 19th-- Part 2: 103 Miles to Route 66

In Yorkville, Illinois, I saw a banner at the park north of the Fox River advertising for a Tax Dodge 10K Run, a pretty good name for this time of the year.

I also noticed that homes and trees along a ridge by the courthouse or church up on the hill had been torn down.  I'm not sure if they are making some sort of a park around it or not.  It would be an impressive park if that is what it's going to be.

The interesting old stone building that I believe to be an old gas station is home to Berenyi Auto Sales, though they might be out of  business as I didn't see any cars around it.

Entering Morris, gas was $3.80 at I-80 and $3.64 in town.

One of these days I'm going to have to stop at Boz Hot Dogs.

From our house in Spring Grove, it is 103 miles to Route 66 in Dwight, Illinois.  It takes about two and a half hours with all the townd and stoplights.

66 Or Bust.  --RoadDog

No comments: