From the January 9, 2013, Happy Travels by Deb Thompson.
1. AWESOME MURALS-- In June 2009, the Walldogs organization who specialize in wall paints, made 18 murals over a three-day weekend. The town has walking tours (most within a several block radius).
2. BLACK LIGHT WEDDING DRESSES-- In a small room in the Walldog Museum, one can see 4 or 5 plain white wedding dresses. But shut the door, turn off the regular lights and the black lights on and you're in for a real treat. (I'll have to check that out next time there.)
3. ART CARS--They are not out in the winter months, but during the summer, look for 15 different and uniquely painted cars around town.
4. FOUR WONDERFUL MUSEUMS: International Walldog Mural and Sign Art Museum, The Livingston County war Museum, The Pontiac-Oakland Automobile Museum and Resource Center, and, of course, our own really great Route 66 Association of Illinois Hall of Fame and Museum.
5. HISTORIC DOWNTOWN-- And that wonderful old courthouse and drinks at Bob and Ringo's.
Well, We Knew That. --RoadDog
Going Back to the Summer of 1977-- Part 7: "Peace of Mind"
47 minutes ago