The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Friday, April 4, 2014

How Many Roads Must a Man Go Down...


On my way home from North Carolina a couple days ago, I stopped at a well-known roadside emporium called J-R's off I-40 in that state. I bought a $5 sign that caught my eye.

It had a bunch of road signs on it, including one from Route 66 and the words "How Many Roads Must a Man Go Down...Before He Admits He's Lost?"

This is a very typical spoof on male drivers who have a serious aversion to asking for directions.

But not me. If I think I'm lost, I'll pull over as soon as I can to find those needed directions. However, I have another problem and that is remembering those directions if I don't write them down. Anything more than one direction and there is no way I'll remember them.

As a result, even though it is my idea to pull over for directions, poor Liz ends up going in and asking for the directions.

C.R.S.: Can't Remember Stuff. --RoadDog

No comments: