The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Friday, February 6, 2015

2015 Groundhog Days in Woodstock, Illinois-- Part 1: "I Got You Babe"

JANUARY 31ST, 2015:  I drove to Woodstock, Illinois, about 17 miles away from Spring Grove.  Unfortunately, I was too late to see the first part of the "Groundhog Day" movie which was being shown at the Woodstock Theatre (Alpine Theater in the movie).  It is always neat to see the movie there because of all the crowd noise when they pass the theater entering the town and, of course, Bill Murray doing his Bronco Billy, Clint Eastwood, imitation with his date dressed as a French maid.

As I approached the Woodstock Square, which served as Gobblers Knob in the movie, I heard "I Got You Babe" by Sonny and Cher being played from the gazebo which was in the movie often and where Bill and Andie had their dance to Ray Charles's song.  Of course, "I Got You Babe" was played at the beginning of every one of Bill's days stuck in "Punxsutawny."

I picked up a "Groundhog Day" walking tour pamphlet at the Opera House (Hotel Pennsylvanian inte movie) and walked over to the Square Mall which is a large building converted into several stores.  I bought several books and CDs there from the McHenry Defenders, an ecological group, and took them back to the car.

Seeing My Shadow.  --GoundDog

No comments: