The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Thursday, February 19, 2015

2015 Groundhog Days in Woodstock-- Part 9: Unhappy Punxsutawney, Pa.

A talked with a couple from Berwyn who were visiting Woodstock for this event for the first time and filled them in with all this information I know about the movie.  Probably drove them off, but they seemed interested and were considering coming back tomorrow to take the walking tour.

Perhaps I ought to start gibing the tours.

I sure wish I had known they were filming when they were as I didn't live but about 30 miles away.  It would have been interesting to see how they made the movie.

I understand Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania, does not have a warm spot in their hearts for Woodstock because of the movie and I kind of agree with them.  It should have been filmed there or at least a fictional town created.

I saw a girl bowling with a Woodstock High School Class of '16 jacket.  Always strange to see that date for a high school class since I was from Palatine Class of '69.  Those "0"s just get me, especially when I started seeing Class of '00 and '01.

The bowling alley had pins with a groundhog on them and the Woodstock Willie mascot costumed person showed up.

I wonder if there is any relation for the name Phil Connors (Bill Murray's character) and Punxsutawney Phil?

Just Wonderin'.  --RoadDog

No comments: