The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Monday, February 16, 2015

2015 Groundhog Days in Woodstock-- Part 8: Make It Like It Was

A pint of Miller Lite cost $2, so I had one and was watching the people bowl when I started to hear music from the "Groundhog Day" movie.  I thought, "Wow, what a nice touch."

Eventually my gaze turned to the big screen TV over the bar (between it and the lanes) and then I saw they were showing the movie.  Well, now I had to watch the movie.  I was wanting to see the movie and actually be in a place in one of the scenes when it came on.And, I got to see the bar scene with the half empty glass.

However, when the movie was filmed, the woodwork where the TV is now was not there.  The woodwork covers up two of the places where the three men were sitting.  The new owner doesn't like the woodwork and plans on taking it down soon.

He then wants to get a full-size cutout of the three actors and let people take pictures with it. Sounds like a great idea to me.

The spot where they sat is around one corner of the bar closest to the alleys between lanes 6 and 7. They had their backs to the bowling alley.  It was neat to see the scene in the movie and then look at the exact spot.

He has also found some of the original beer lights that were up in the movie and placed them back in the windows.

--Half Full For Me.  --RoadDog

No comments: