The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

On Reaching 60

Today, I reached my sixties. I called Mom, who is on a tour group in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee, and thanked her for having me sixty years ago, and then for putting up with me for all the time after that. I told her it was hard to believe I was that old. She said, if I thought I was old at 60, what about her?

No big deals planned this time around for either Liz (who also hit 60 Jan. 10th this year) or myself. We had real big parties at 30, 40 and 50.

Liz bought me several bricks of audio cassette and two Sony CD/cassette boomboxes. Have to stock up on that before they take it away from from because all of the downloaders.

I plan to do some yardwork then hit Hello Folks and Donovan's Reef for some liquid refreshment. We started celebrating yesterday with visits to the Snuggery and Vickie's on the Fox River in McHenry and then Mulligan's (soon to be the Twisted Moose) north of that town.

Enjoying the fifth year of my retirement. Sixth year doesn't begin until school starts this fall.

I have to make the choice soon of whether to keep the '85 Firebird (which we've had since it was new) or get a new Camaro or Mustang (Middle Age Crisis, you know). The Firebird needs a lot of work.

Still have to get the boat out of the barn out in Hebron.

Rock and Roll Never Dies--It Just Never Retires. Happy 70th Birthday to Bob Dylan Today. --RoadDog

1 comment:

DennyG said...

Happy Birthday, young fellow.