From the May 22nd Parade Magazine.
I'll start close to home in the Midwest.
28. WORLD'S LARGEST BRAT FEST-- Madison, Wisconsin May 27-30. In 2010 a record 209,376 bratwursts were eaten along with 172 gallons of relish, hopefully sauerkraut. bratfest.com. I might go to this one. Madison is about 70 miles away.
29. RHUBARB FESTIVAL-- Lanesboro, Minnesota June 4th. member of the buckwheat family and too much like strawberries if you ask me. rhubarbfestival.com.
30. TASTE OF CHICAGO-- Chicago, Illinois June 24-July 3rd. Said to be world's largest food festival. In 2010, 2.6 million attended. tasteofchicago.us.
31. NATIONAL CHERRY FESTIVAL-- Traverse City, Michigan July 2-9. All sorts of cherry...and, of course, cherry pie. cherryfestival.org.
32. WAYNE CHICKEN SHOW-- Wayne, Nebraska July 8-10-- Any and all things chicken. chickenshow.com.
The Way to My heart, Er...Stomach. --RoadDog