The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Road Work Ahead, N.C. Summer trip 2014-- Part 22: Silver Dollar Saloon, Dallas Frazier's "North Carolina"

Walking around the boardwalk, which is actually two north-south paved pedestrian streets and several east-west short ones, I say several of those old honky-tonk bars that I remember, including Surfside.

But the one I really was looking for was the Silver Dollar Saloon.  It was still there, I am happy to report.  It opened for business back in the 1940s and hasn't changed a whole lot since then (though I didn't go inside this time.)  It has gone through several owners of late.

We have spent many an evening in this place, including back in 1976 when we played "Thank God I'm a Country Boy" over and over so many times that folks asked us not to play it for awhile.  There was also another song we played a lot called "North Carolina" I believe, by Dallas Frazier.

Glad It's Still There.  --RoadDog

No comments: