The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Friday, March 28, 2014

Shivering to North Carolina-- Part 3: Micro-Cassette Recorders


While driving through Elburn, Illinois, past the second-most expensive gas station on my Il-47 Chicago bypass, also at $3.87 like Stark's Corner, I had to quickly drop my micro-cassette recorder down to my lap as I passed an Elburn cop off to the side of the road.

As of January 1st, it is illegal to be using a hand-held cell phone in Illinois and I have a lot of friends who have gotten tickets and/or warnings for using them. I imagine that from a distance, a micro-cassette might look like a cell phone and perhaps it might even be classified as a sort of cell phone.

I didn't get pulled over.

Personally, I don't have a problem with not using cell phones while driving. About the only time I do is when on a big trip like now, going to and from N.C.. But, I do know people who have to have a cell phone plastered to their ears at all times. Plus, I always think those blue tooth things on ears look kind of silly, about as silly as those baseball caps with the straight-across bills.

--RoadDog

No comments: