The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

See That World War II Plane

If I do go, it will be to the Chicago Executive Airport where the planes will be July 22nd to the 25th.

It is where I thought it would be, only I knew it as Palwaukee Airport when I was growing up in Palatine. Back in high school, I drove by the place many times.

The airport started in 1925 when it was called Gauthiers Flying Field and consisted of 40 acres.

In 1928, it was renamed Palwaukee Airport after the two highways that form the eastern and southern borders of it: Palatine Road and Milwaukee Avenue, US-45/Il-21.

It is the third busiest airport in Illinois after O'Hare and Midway.

Seriously Thinking About It. --RoadDog

No comments: