The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Monday, July 11, 2011

Checking Out the Music of Summer 1971

I'm not going to be listing it here, but Bob Stroud, on his Rock and Roll Roots show on Chicago's WDRV, the Drive, has been doing monthly trips back to the summer of 1971 in honor of its 40th anniversary.

I have been doing set lists on my Down Da Road I Go blog, with both Stroud's and my comments. If you remember that summer like I do, check it out.

http://downdaroadigo.blogspot.com.

Some songs played July 3rd:

WALK AWAY--
BROWN SUGAR--
SOONER OR LATER--
MR.BIG STUFF--
SIGNS--

DRAGGING THE LINE--
MOONSHADOW--
GO DOWN GAMBLING--
FUNKY NASSAU--
IT'S TOO LATE--

Ten Points If You Can Tell Me the Artists. --RoadDog

No comments: