The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Civil War Days Again

In just an hour or so, I'll be driving US-12 to Wauconda for the annual Civil War Re-enactment at the Lake County Forest Preserve and Discovery Museum off Il-176 and Fairfield Road.

I belong to the Sons of Confederate Veterans and we'll have a tent there and will be trying to enlist members. We're also having our monthly meeting.

I always enjoy getting together with the members of the Camp Douglas Camp, named after the infamous Union prison in Chicago. Plus, there are those fanatical Civil War buffs who do the re-enacting. Always plenty of good conversations and I love those sutler stores with all the CW stuff.

And, Away I Do Go. --RoadDog

No comments: