The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Indy 500-- Part 22: Home

MAY 25TH, 2015, Monday

I wake up to an overcast day and quite a few RVs left yesterday and even before I got up.  Yesterday was perfect in the weather department and sure glad we didn't have today's weather which was off-and-on rain, threatening skies and really strong wind.

The total cost of the weekend came to $310 each, more than half ($186) for the ticket, but a great price to see "The Greatest Racing Spectacle in the World."  But, I fear I am starting to get hooked on it.

I tried to use the porta-potties behind the Legion (which was closed) and stopped short when I opened the doors of several and the waste was up to the seat.  And, the smell was indescribable.   After gagging a bit, I beat a hasty retreat.  These things should be cleaned on a daily basis, not at the end of the weekend.

The others did most of the packing and preparing to leave as I tend to get in the way.

Managed to get back on I-65 and had all sorts of fun with the strong winds which buffeted us pretty well the whole way.

Arrived back in Round Lake at noon and Liz picked me up.

We went to the Hardee's on Rollins Road for some of their delicious chicken tenders and then stopped at Kross Inn in Ingleside on the way home for a drink and Chain Crawl stamp.

After a much-needed nap at home, we went over to Half-Times in Johnsburg and saw the Hawks lose in OT.

A Long Day.  --RoadDog

No comments: