The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Well, I Got Hotted Out Today

I wasn't going to let the heat wave (I heard 100 degrees today) striking the Chicago area get me down, but I was hotted out. Tomorrow, I will stay inside except to go to Donovan's for some NTN.

Today, I went out in the boat in the early morning from 8 to 10, and it wasn't bad floating out on Fox Lake as there was a strong breeze coming in from the south. However, putting the mooring cover on in the channel wasn't very pleasant because there was NO breeze. I can handle the hot as long as I have air movement.

I had to go to McDonald's afterward to cool off.

Then, I went to Menard's and bought sixty interlocking landscaping stones. Loading those brought back a sweat, but not too bad as some of their folks helped me load.

However, when I got the stones home, that was another story and I was soaked by the time I got them unloaded.

I did get the chance to cool off at the Fox Lake Theatre watching the new "Harry Potter" movie.

Liz and I met the "Usual Suspects" at Tommy's in Spring Grove for their pizza special ($10 for a 16-inch, one topping and buck beers.

The place is usually crowded, but especially today as folks were going outside and it was too hot to cook at home anyway. Unfortunately, something must have been wrong with Tommy's ac, as it got more uncomfortable as the place filled up.

Friend Randy, from the Legion, played a very appropriate song on the jukebox, David Johansson's "Hot, Hot, Hot." Was that ever on the mark.

Like I Said, I Been "Whupped" By the Heat and Join All the Others."

2 comments:

Mom to 2 Angels said...

It is hot!

RoadDog said...

So, that would explain all the sweat. Thanks.