46. MILFORD PUMPKIN FESTIVAL-- MILFORD, NH, OCT. 7-9-- Linus never saw the Great Pumpkin fly through the air, but you can see the Great Chunker, a siz-ton air cannon, will be shooting squash more than 3,000 feet. You can make your own scarecrow, and, of course, carve and paint your own pumpkins. milfordpumpkinfestival.org.
47. BRIDGEVILLE APPLE-SCRAPPLE FESTIVAL-- BRIDGEVILLE, DEL., OCT 14-15-- Honors two state staples, the apple and the scrapple (a meatloaf-like pork product). Interesting contests like scrapple carving, scrapple chunking (pitching scrapple shot-put style) and a ladies skillet toss. applescrapple.com.
48. WELLFEET OYSTERFEST-- WELLFLEET. MASS., OCT 15-16-- Have local oysters raw, grilled, fried, baked or in stews. Also, there is an Oyster-Shuck-Off. Last year's champ shucked 24 in just over two minutes. wellfleetoysterfest.org.
49. KODIAK CRAB FESTIVAL-- KODIAK, ALASKA, MAY 26-27-- Well, missed it. maybe next year All sorts of seafood to celebrate the end of winter. kodiak.org.
50. KAUAI COCONIT FESTIVAL-- KAPAA, HAWAII, OCT 1-2-- Eat fish in coconut sauce. Eat haupia (traditional coconut milk-based dessert. Also, coconut bowling, ring-around-the-coconut and coconut checkers. kbakauai.org
All These Festivals Done Got Me the Hongries. --RoadDog