Friday, October 18, 2013

Lane Lindstrom's Radio Station WJEZ, 98.9 FM

Last entry, I mentioned Paul Lepek going to Lane Lindstrom's radio station in Pontiac, Illinois, but there was no mention of whether the station broadcasts over the air. It does. //// He is at WJEZ 98.9 FM and plays a classic hits format. He deejays and has three others on staff, so it is not canned music like so many small stations play. You get a real live deejay. //// Actually, I came across this station the last time I drove by Pontiac. It happens to be near the numbers of the WWHP in Farmer City, Illinois, WBRF in Galax, Virginia, with all that great classic country. When I travel, the tunes are on all the time; either CDs, cassette tapes (if I'm in the '85 Firebird or '03 Malibu) or radio. //// I'm listening to WJEZ right now. //// Last song played was "There's a Kind of a Hush" by Herman's Hermits. Now, "Save the Country" by Laura Nyro and "Arizona" by Mark Lindsay. //// Route 66 Radio. --RoadDog

No comments: