The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Friday, October 18, 2013

Lane Lindstrom's Radio Station WJEZ, 98.9 FM


Last entry, I mentioned Paul Lepek going to Lane Lindstrom's radio station in Pontiac, Illinois, but there was no mention of whether the station broadcasts over the air. It does.

He is at WJEZ 98.9 FM and plays a classic hits format. He deejays and has three others on staff, so it is not canned music like so many small stations play. You get a real live deejay.

Actually, I came across this station the last time I drove by Pontiac. It happens to be near the numbers of the WWHP in Farmer City, Illinois, WBRF in Galax, Virginia, with all that great classic country. When I travel, the tunes are on all the time; either CDs, cassette tapes (if I'm in the '85 Firebird or '03 Malibu) or radio.

I'm listening to WJEZ right now.

Last song played was "There's a Kind of a Hush" by Herman's Hermits. Now, "Save the Country" by Laura Nyro and "Arizona" by Mark Lindsay.

Route 66 Radio. --RoadDog

No comments: