The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Attention All You Old Music Lovers: Beach Music Top Ten 1956


Not exactly from the road, but many road warriors are "old" (well, tend to be "older" and here is some music that might be just right. I don't remember anything from then as I was just five-years-old, but I am an fan of real-old rock songs and, of course, Beach Music.

This is from Fessa John Hook's Beach Music Countdown, Classroom Reunion #1 for 1956 which you can hear on his www.beachshag.com site. But, you'd better hurry up and give it a listen as he changes the year sometime this week.

#10. I'M IN LOVE-- Fats Domino
H.M. (HONORABLE MENTION) YOU TICKLE ME BABY/DON'T LEAVE ME FANNIE-- Royal Jokers
#9. RUBY BABY-- Drifters

H.M. IVORY TOWER-- Otis Williams & Charms
#8. IN PARADISE-- Otis Williams & Charms
#7. LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL-- Shirley and Lee

#6. WITCHCRAFT-- Spiders
H.M. TELL ME BABY-- Hurricanes
#5. ALL AROUND THE WORLD-- Little Willie John

#4. HONKY TONK-PT. 2-- Bill Doggett
H.M. SERVE ANOTHER ROUND-- 5 Keys
H.M. I AIN'T GETTIN' CAUGHT/ I COULD LOVE YOU/ WOMEN ABOUT TO MAKE ME GO CRAZY--  5 Royales

#3. GOOD ROCKIN' DADDY-- Etta James & the Dreamers
H.M. SMOOTH, SLOW AND EASY-- Drivers
#2 IF I COULD BE LOVED BY YOU-- Clovers
#2. NIP SIP-- Clovers
#1. JUST A GIGOLO/ I AIN'T GOT NOBODY-- Louis Prima and Keely Smith.

The Good Stuff.  --RoadDog

No comments: