Monday, April 16, 2018
22 Words That a Different Meaning in Chicago-- Part 4: The Taste
First, what it means everywhere else.
13. FIELDS-- Open area of grass. In Chicago, it was the old Marshall Fields store, now Macy's.
14. THE TASTE-- Experiencing something's flavor. In Chicago, it is experiencing new tastes, and smells at the Taste of Chicago in Grant Park.
15. BOOT-- Type of shoe. In Chicago, Your car can get one if you owe too many parking tickets. Can't go nowhere with a boot on your tire.
16. SUMMER-- Hot weather. In Chicago, three to four months of extreme humidity.
17. HILLSIDE STRANGLER-- Two 70s-era Los Angeles killers. In Chicago, it is a poorly designed expressway merge in the western suburbs.