The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

2014 Route 66 Crusin' Music-- Part 9: Led Zeppelin III

Of course, I always liked the two big hits off the album: "Immigrant Son" and "Gallows Pole."

Plus, the album, and this CD, has that great psychedelic-style slide circle that you can entertain yourself with if you get bored.  Enjoyed it then and turning it right now as I type this.

You want an experience?  Try playing "Gallows Pole while driving through Hooker Cut, my favorite stretch of Route 66 where I hear all the ghosts.

Some of the other songs I really liked:

Friends
Celebration Day
Bron-y-aur Stomp (kind of heavy country)
Out on the Tiles.

This is definitely a grow-on-you album.  The more you hear it, the more you like it.

Zep On 66?  You Betcha.  --RoadDog

No comments: