The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Monday, April 8, 2013

The Death of My First Crush, Annette Funicello

Earlier today I was listening to WXRT broadcasting from a bar in Wrigleyville, Chicago, for the home opener of the Cubs (they don't do that, however, for Chicago's major league baseball team).  Then switched over to 94.7 The Surf, broadcasting out of North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina with all that Beach, Boogie and Blues.

Ted Bell made an announcement that saddened me a lot.  So much that I felt it necessary to write about it here instead of my Down Da Road Blog where it will also be posted tomorrow.  But, Annette Funicello died from her fight with MS at the age 70.

She was the main reason I watched the Mickey Mouse Club.  How I wanted to be Mr. Annette Funicello.  She was the prettiest thing I'd ever seen.  I had my first crush on her.

Then, I liked her music and loved her movies, especially the bikini ones.

I May Never Watch Mickey Mouse Again.  --RoadDog

No comments: