January 25, 2013, El Cerrito (Cal.) Patch by Dixie Jordan.
The city and the El Cerrito Historical Society held a ceremony at 1 PM and unveiled a new Lincoln Highway sign at 10192 San Pablo Avenue. The historical society purchased four signs to be placed on San Pablo Avenue, the original Lincoln Highway.
After the Carquinez Bridge opened in 1927, the Lincoln Highway was moved from the Crockett. San Pablo later became a part of US-40.
Always Good to Have Signage. --RoadDog
Happy Fiftieth Anniversary Liz
1 day ago