The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Saturday, April 13, 2013

NC Bound Spring 2014: Charlie and the Stats

I looked up the song "See the Big Man Cry" and saw that it was by Chalie Louvin, one of the Louvin Brothers, who were popular country singers back in the 1960s.  Listened to it on You Tube, and it was the same song.  I had never heard of it before.

Charlie Louvin was a member of the Grand Ole Opry who died in 2011.  The song went to #7 on the country charts in 1965, way before I listened to any sort of country music.  He was elected to the Country Music Hall of Fame in 2005.

I forgot to mention a couple of interesting North Carolina signs:  Hanging Rock State Park and Outlaw Drive.  Must be stories there.

Reception of 98.3 FM continued until east of Greensboro.

Continued seeing those brilliant white Bradford pear trees blooming.

When I arrived in Goldsboro, the odometer read 18,104 (17,072 when I left).  I had driven 1,039 miles the last two days and 530 today.  My gas mileage per gallon had risen from26.2 to32.0.  Funny how driving on interstates and a little under the speed limit can do that.

Good to Finally Be There.  --RoadDog

No comments: