The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Friday, April 5, 2013

NC Bound Spring 2013: March 20th-- Heading for the Warmth (Well, So I Thought)

My miles per gallon had gone from 26.2 when I left home yesterday to 31.1.  That interstate driving, no-stopping, will do that.

Once on US-33, it was four lane divided and much of the way limited access.  There was even a Hocking Rest Area.  You don't see many rest areas on the US highways.

Popped the new Luke Bryan CD into the player and cruised along listening to all sorts of songs about the beach, sand and spring break.  Guess it was only a matter of time before someone came out with a song about that this time of the year.

All along the way, I was thinking about how much I was going to enjoy that North Carolina warmth in 500 miles, but was I ever in for a disappointment as it turned out.

Passed something called Old Man's Curve.  Were they talking about me?  Of course, if I was going to where the spring breakers were, I'd definitely be the "Old Man."

In Logan, I saw a Mill Stone BBQ.  Got me to thinking about Wilber's BBQ tomorrow in Goldsboro.  Well, salivating, actually.

Still Not There.  --RoadDog

No comments: