The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

The Perfect Pit Stop: Allen & Son Barbeque, Chapel Hill, N.C.-- Part 1: Worth a Detention

From June 2013, Southern Living by Hunter Lewis.  A photo essay.

"Allen & Son Barbeque (919-942-7576) sits at the nexus of Old 86 and Millhouse Road on the outskirts of Chapel Hill, North Carolina.  A few miles off I-40, it's the first place I go whenever I fly home via RDU.  I ate my first real chopped pork sandwich here.  Recently my daughter did too.  In high school, my buddies and I burned a path down the back roads, skipping classes for a taste of pitmaster Keith Allen's handiwork.  The teachers always smelled the telltale wood smoke on us.  Turns out this sandwich is worth more than a week of detention."

Looking at the pictures, it is the perfect Carolina 'Cue House.

I know where I'm stopping on my next trip to visit family in North Carolina, if I'm not too full of that great porkchop sandwich from Snappy Lunch in Mt. Airy, N.C..

Salivating All the Way.  --RoadDog

No comments: