Fromthe June 2013 Douthern Living Magazine. Produced by Jennifer V. Cole and Hunter Lewis.
BEST RIB-STICKIN' JOINTS:
1. FIERY RON'S HOME TEAM BBQ-- Charleston, S.C. "Red oak, simple dry rub, no basting, no sauce."
2. SOUTHERN SOUL BARBEQUE-- St. Simons Island, Ga. ""salt and sugar cured ribs, smoked rotisserie-style and glazed with pan drippings"
3. SAM'S BBQ-- Marietta, Georgia "lightly lacquered baby backs, tender with a little give"
4. BIB BOB GIBSON BAR-B-Q-- Decatur, Alabama "these St. Louis-cut spareribs are a perfect marriage of meat, spice, and hickory smoke" This is also a place I have eaten at before. It was mighty good.
5. CORKY'S RIBS & BBQ-- Memphis, Tn. '' Everything from barbecue nachos and tamales to sides of spaghetti."