From the pamphlet put out by WoodstockGroundhog.org.
A nice map of the famous Woodstock Square area showing sites where scenes from the famous movie were shot. I would definitely recommend seeing the movie again, especially if you haven't seen it in a long time before you take the tour.
1. PENNSYLVANIAN HOTEL--Woodstock Opera House, 121 Van Buren Street. Also where Bill Murray plunged to his death.
2. GOBBLER'S KNOB-- Southwest corner of Woodstock Square
3. BAND STAND DANCE-- Center of Woodstock Square
4.. BAR SCENES-- Old Courthouse. In today's Public House Restaurant. Where you can order your sweet vermouth on the rocks with a twist.
5. BILL MURRAY'S PUDDLE-- 108 Cass Street, curbside. Unfortunately, the village has now turned it into a flower bed.
6. TIP TOP CAFE-- Taqueria La Placita Mexican restaurant. You can eat in the nook where Bill pigged out.
7. ALPINE THEATER-- Woodstock Theater, 209 Main Street. Where Bill did his best Clint Eastwood imitation. Unfortunately, they removed the outside ticket window.
These Are All in the Woodstock Square or By It.--RoadDog
Happy Fiftieth Anniversary Liz
1 day ago