The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Monday, June 29, 2015

Indy 500-- Part 7: The Attack Of/On Indy 500 Souvenirs

MAY 23, 2015, SATURDAY:

Until this trip, I had always refrained from buying any souvenirs.  I don't need any more souvenirs.  I mean, I REALLY DON'T need any more souvenirs.  I also don't need to be getting "hooked" on any more things.  I am hooked on way too many things anyway (one reason for all these blogs).

But today would be different.  Not only am I getting hooked on the Indy cars and know most of the drivers' names now and have my favorites, but also, today, I broke the souvenir barriers and did some big buying.  Most of it was directed at anything with tomorrow's date, May 24, 2014, as that is also my 64th birthday that Paul so well sang about back in the 1960s.

It sure seemed a long way off back then.

I bought a hat, tee shirt, shot glass, flag, license plate and a tee shirt for Liz.  And these souvenirs weren't cheap.  Most every tee short and hat was $25+.

Darn it, Sue and Paul.

I Should Never Gone.  --RoadDog

No comments: