Saturday, February 1, 2014

Flashing Back to 1967-- Part 1

From Wendy Rice's Saturday Morning Flashback show on WXRT, 93.1 Fm in Chicago. //// Since I was essentially snowed in today, I got to listen to and enjoy a trip back 47 years ago when I was a sophomore/junior at Palatine High School in Palatine, Illinois. I met Liz in the fall of that year. //// Here are the songs she played: I AM THE WALRUS-- Beatles // SWEET SOUL MUSIC-- Arthur Conley // SWALBR-- Cream // EXPRESSWAY TO YOUR HEART-- Soul Survivors // LET'S LIVE FOR TODAY-- Grass Roots // SOUL MAN-- Sam and Dave // WE AIN'T GOT NOTHING YET-- Blues Magoos // MORNING DEW-- Grateful Dead // SUNNY AFTERNOON-- Kinks // HEROES AND VILLAINS-- Beach Boys // HAPPY JACK-- Who // HIGHER AND HIGHER-- Jackie Wilson. //// That's A Lot of Really Fine Music. --RoadDog

No comments: