The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Flashing Back to 1967-- Part 1 "Sweet Soul Music"


From Wendy Rice's Saturday Morning Flashback show on WXRT, 93.1 Fm in Chicago.

Since I was essentially snowed in today, I got to listen to and enjoy a trip back 47 years ago when I was a sophomore/junior at Palatine High School in Palatine, Illinois. I met Liz in the fall of that year.

Here are the songs she played:

I AM THE WALRUS-- Beatles
SWEET SOUL MUSIC-- Arthur Conley
SWALBR-- Cream

EXPRESSWAY TO YOUR HEART-- Soul Survivors
LET'S LIVE FOR TODAY-- Grass Roots
SOUL MAN-- Sam and Dave

WE AIN'T GOT NOTHING YET-- Blues Magoos
MORNING DEW-- Grateful Dead
SUNNY AFTERNOON-- Kinks

HEROES AND VILLAINS-- Beach Boys
HAPPY JACK-- Who
HIGHER AND HIGHER-- Jackie Wilson.

That's A Lot of Really Fine Music. --RoadDog

No comments: