We've got 'em right here in the good old U.S.A..
From the August 25th Yahoo! Travel/Budget Travel "10 awe-inspiring American castles" by Justin Ocean.
The article has pictures and much more information. I'm just listing them, how many rooms, telling where they're located and price of admission. In the first five, I only knew of #2.
1. CASTILLO DI AMORAOSA-- 107 rooms, 120,000 square feet winery. Catistoga, Cal. $18, including wine tasting.
2. HEARST CASTLE-- 115 rooms, Casa Grande-- 3 additional guest house with another 46 rooms, San Simeon, Cal., $25.
3. BISHOP PALACE-- survived the Galveston, Tx, Great Storm of 1900, $10.
4. BOLDT CASTLE-- 120 rooms, on island in Alexandria Bay, New York, $8.
5. CASTLE IN THE CLOUDS-- Moultonborough, N.H., $16.
Don't Lower That Drawbridge!! --RoadDog
University of Maryland Baltimore County
23 hours ago