The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Tuesday, July 11, 2017

N.C. Jan. 2017-- Part 23: World War I Presentation

A real nice room, as always at a Marriott (just usually considerably more than I want to pay, but $67 is a good price).

Drove over to Food Lion for a bite to eat and then I attended the Federal Point Historic Preservation Society's meeting at their museum next to the Carolina Beach Town Hall (in the old Blockade Runner Museum museum).  They took the old picnic area of the B-R Museum and put walls up and now have a museum.  The picnic area was either modeled after the Wilmington slave auction center before the Civil War or was a real one.  I have never been able to get clear on this.

The newspaper had said the presentation tonight at the museum was going to be Wilmington during World War II, something I am very interested in and have written a lot about it in my World War II blog, Tattooed On Your Soul.  However, the talk was not on World War II.

They are preparing an exhibit to mark the centennial of the United States entry into World War I and to go along with it, tonight's talk and slide show was on Wilmington, North Carolina, during that war.

That was alright, though, because I am interested in anything to do with history.

Little Old History Me.  --RoadDog

No comments: