The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Monday, July 10, 2017

N.C. Jan. 2017-- Part 22: Fort Fisher and a Motel

I  returned to the car and popped the Bee Gees' "One" CD into the player and then cruised south on US-421, through Kure Beach, keeping an eye open for a mom and pop motel, but didn't find any likely candidates, plus, I wanted to be closer to the Silver Dollar saloon and other Carolina Beach bars.

Drove to Fort Fisher which is always closed on Mondays.  I sure wish I had been able to get to this fort a couple days ago when they had the 152nd anniversary of its capture.

Back to Carolina Beach and looking for mom and pop motels, but no luck.  I remembered seeing that the Courtyard by Marriott, which had been the host hotel for Saturday's Friends of Fort Fisher and descendants reunion in the morning, had had a $69 special rate so thought I'd give it a go.  When the clerk told me it would be $67 plus tax, it was a done deal.  I had my room.

And, it is in just a few blocks of the Silver Dollar.

--RoadDog

No comments: