The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Tuesday, July 11, 2017

13 Must-See Route 66 Sites-- Part 1: Big Ketchup and Caverns

From readers Digest "13 Must-See Sights You Can Only See On Route 66" by Claire Nowak.

I always enjoy seeing when other people have a list of what to see on Route 66, especially when it is a place I've seen.

1.  World's Largest Ketchup Bottle--  Collinsville, Illinois.  Built in 1949 and actually a water tower 70 feet tall.  Wants some fries with your catsup (or is it ketchup?).

2.  Meramec Caverns--  Stanton, Missouri.  Opened as a tourist attraction in 1935 and did a lot of advertising along Route 66 and other roads on those barns, especially famous for putting bumper stickers on every car that visited.  I was SO disappointed when we visited that they didn't have any free bumper stickers in 2004, or even ones I could buy for that matter.

For some reason, I always have a hard time spelling Meramec Caverns.

No Bumper Sticker For Me, I Guess.  --RoadDog

No comments: