The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Thursday, February 12, 2009

How Do Golden Corrals Do It?

This grazing spot is now quite high on my list of places to stop on the road.

I've known about these restaurants for awhile, but had never stopped at one until I was on a bus trip to Philadelphia. We stopped at one in Maryland on the National Road, and I was hooked. I now have my wife Liz just as enamored of the places.

You can eat as healthy as you like or really pig out. And, we're not even going to talk about the desserts and don't you go telling Doc.

We ate at two of them on this most recent trip to the Florida panhandle. One was in Panama City right after our first-ever Mardi Gras parade. This was also the first time we've eaten dinner, and that is a great deal as well, with two types of shrimp, the Applewood grill and steaks cooked the way you want them. And that was all for $9.99, along with the regular items.

The other was in Terre Haute, Indiana, just south of the I-70/Us-41 exit. Almost drove by it as it sits a little off the road, behind a Walgreen's.

Lunch is $7.29. Drinks are extra.

This last November, I ate a breakfast buffet at the one by Lexington, kentucky, and that was mighty good as well.

Is That a Yellow and Red Sign Up Ahead? Quick, pull over.

Always Eat Too Much. --RoadDog

No comments: