The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

N.C. for T-Giving 2015-- Part 9: "Ain't Even There Yet..." Winston-Salem and I-40

WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 25TH.

As I mentioned,  as I approached Winston-Salem on US-52, traffic steadily increased until the time I could see the downtown buildings, we were creeping along.  I generally like to get off on US-421 and head eastward toward Greensboro and then get on I-40.

I got off on 421 and it was at a complete standstill.  Move forward a few feet and then wait before repeating the process.  And, I could see 421  was backed up way off in the distance so decided to get back on US-52 when I got up to the entrance ramp, but had to go back north for a ways before I got off and back on heading south to I-40.

At this point, I could only imagine how bad traffic on the always busy I-40 would be.  It is always busy, but I was beginning to see why they say not to travel on the interstates the day before Thanksgiving.  I hadn't thought of that.

Surprisingly, however, I-40 was busy, but traffic went right along mostly over the speed limit.  And, I kept right up with them out of fear of getting run over otherwise.

--RoadDog

No comments: