The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

N.C. for T-Giving 2015-- Part 12: Going Home, But My Snappy Lunch Fix

I left Goldsboro, N.C.,  on December 3 with the odometer on the '11 Malibu reading 40,640.

I was hoping the miss that Raleigh hassle I encountered on my way in.  A ways out of Raleigh, while searching on the radio, i came across a really good oldies station at 850 AM/104.7 FM WPTK simulcasting  They call themselves Just Right Radio and played the occasional Christmas song.  I'll keep it in mind for my next trip.

I did see a backup heading east on I-40 between Exits 298-303 because of construction.  Fortunately, westward moved along well.

No problems through the Raleigh-Durham strangler and easy cruise.  Much less traffic than the day before Thanksgiving on I-40.  Picked up  Classic Country 98.1 out of Galax, Virginia in Greensboro and listened to it until in West Virginia.

Stopped at good old Snappy Lunch in Mt. Airy, N.C., for their stupendous pork chop sandwich.  Cost $4.20 and a meal in itself.  Probably not very healthy for you, but you'll die with a smile on your face.  A definite for-sure stop for me.  The N.C. "Our State" magazine claims this to be "The State Sandwich."

On the way out of town, i passed the Andy Griffith Playhouse (in an old school) and the statue of Andy and Opie heading down to the fishin' hole both had Christmas stockings on their heads.

--RoadDog

No comments: