The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Saturday, December 19, 2015

N.C. for T-Giving 2015-- Part 8: Traffic, Traffic and More Traffic

November 25, 2015, Wednesday.

Traffic on the West Virginia Turnpike got heavier the further south I went, but at least there wasn't a backup at the last two toll areas ($2 each).  Upon entering Virginia, I made my usual stop at the Virginia Welcome Center for my Virginia peanut fix.  They have small samples of the best peanuts I've ever tasted.  The people there said the company does sell the peanuts at a couple places along I-77, but they don't at the welcome center.  They really should sell the peanuts at the center.

Traffic got heavier through the Virginia stretch.  Stopped at Wytheville, always the cheapest gas on the trip to North Carolina.  However, this time it was $1.86 and I had bought gas in Indiana for $1.66 yesterday.  But, of course, this was before the gouge this morning.  Still, I'm not complaining.  Gas below $2 is sure nice these days.

Of course, I tuned in to WBRF, Classic Country at 98.1 FM in Galax, Virginia, as soon as I got into range.  They play oldies country music and is a favorite station of mine.  I kept it on from about twenty miles in West Virginia to about Greensboro, N.C..

I usually stop for a bite to eat in Mt. Airy, N.C., but not this time.  I was now off I-77 and on US-52 heading to Winston-Salem.  Passed by the unique Pilot Mountain  (fictional town of Mount Pilot in the Andy Griffith Show).  I did notice that traffic continued to get heavier the closer I got to Winston-Salem (home of Wake Forest University).

--RoadDog

No comments: