The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Thursday, December 24, 2015

N.C. for T-Giving 2015-- Part 10: Fun and Games in Raleigh

November 25, 2015

As I said before, traffic on I-40 heading east from Winston-Salem, N.C., was heavy, but moving along.  I even got past the usual traffic jam by the RDU Airport and into  the Raleigh area.

Maybe this highway travel the day before Thanksgiving isn't as bad as I thought.

But then I started seeing flashing signs saying to expect delays from Exits 290 to 309.  I saw that several times and sure enough when I got to Exit 290, traffic stopped.  We'd stop, go a few feet and stop again.  This was due to road construction and other highways dropping their traffic onto I-40.

I'm figuring it took almost an hour and a half to go eight or so miles.

I decided to get off at the Clayton Exit and finally was able to get rolling along for several miles until we hit the first traffic light and then there had to be at least a mile long back up.  But once through there, I was able to catch almost every one of their many stoplights on green so was able to get to US-70 and take it to Goldsboro.

Next year, I am going to avoid traveling the day before Thanksgiving.

Lesson learned.  --RoadDog

No comments: