The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Thursday, December 31, 2015

N.C. for T-Giving 2015-- Part 13: "There's a Tear In My Beer"

Leaving Mt. Airy, WBRF Classic Country in Galax, Virginia, was playing one of my favorite songs, the Hank Williams and Hank Williams, Jr. song "There's a Tear in My Beer."  It doesn't get much better country than this song.

Passed over the Eng and Chang Bridge, named after the famous pre-Civil War Siamese twins featured by P.T. Barnum, who retired and raised families in Mt. Airy and whose sons fought for the Confederacy.

Shortly after getting onto I-77, a big red pickup truck passed me like I was standing still.  I had a big smile on my face a short while later to see him pulled over by a state trooper.

Kind of strange, but there were nothing but trucks going up the long grade into Virginia.  Usually there are at least some cars among them.

Listening to the Jason Blevins show on WBRF.  Stopped for gas at Wytheville and it had gone up 3 cents to $1.89 since I last went through there eight days earlier.

--RoadDog


No comments: