The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Monday, December 28, 2015

N.C. for T-Giving 2015-- Part 11: Just Hanging Around

November 26-December 3, 2015

The drive to Goldsboro, N.C. from Illinois took me 1030.2 miles.

The rest of the time there was spent with family.  My sister Julie had her 59th birthday (NOT HER 60th as she was quick to point out) on Thanksgiving day.  It was nice to get together with my nephew Alex and family from South Carolina and nephew Andy and family from Tennessee.  My brother Bob lives next door to Mom.

Our family is certainly spread all over with members also living in Georgia and Illinois.

I also was able to do some shopping in Goldsboro, including at two stores which are no longer very close to us, Target and K-Mart.  I always enjoy going to Berekely Mall and seeing the bear orchestra and singers doing their Christmas thing.  But, I sure miss the old Record Rack in downtown  where I used to spend a lot of time and money on Beach Music.

I also helped put up Mom's Christmas decorations on the front porch and put up Christmas flowes on family graves at Willowdale Cemetery.

And, of course, there was the buffet at McCall's with that great Eastern Carolina 'cue and Calabash shrimp.

--RoadDog

No comments: