The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Thursday, December 20, 2012

The East Carolina-Marshall Football Game-- Part 1

The day after Thanksgiving, my brother Bob drove his son Andy, grandson Charlie and me to Greenville, North Carolina for the East Carolina game.  Dad would have been so proud to have so many generations going to the game.   Mom and Dad have a business scholarship at the school and they gave Mom four tickets for the game.

We drove US-13 north from Goldsboro to Greenville.  Both Mom and Dad graduated from ECU (ECTC for Dad).  Most likely, I would have gone there had I continued living in North Carolina.  The whole family lived there for a year and a half back for half of my fourth grade and whole fifth grade where I went to the lab school.  The ECTC stood for East Carolina Teachers College.  Mom became a teacher (and my sister and I followed in her footsteps.

Greenville has certainly grown a whole lot since we lived there.  I had on my mind a stop at the local Carolina BBQ place, Parker's,  and we found it.  Wow, bbq, cole slaw, hush puppies, tea and two other sides.  Then, a football game.  That's living mighty fine.

Then, it was to the stadium where we had an assigned parking space right next to the field, well, one spot over from it, but I guess beggars can't be choosers.  And, for free!!

If ECU won the game and University of South Florida lost, then the Pirates go to the Conference USA Championship game versus Tulsa.  So, there was a lot riding on the game.

Getting Into That Pirate Thing.  --RoadDog

No comments: