The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Saturday, December 22, 2012

You Can Still Get Yer Chicken in the Rough

When I first got interested in Route 66, I came across this popular chicken that was once sold along the Mother Road and elsewhere across the country.  I was thinking that I needed to one day stop and get me some.  But, most likely, I thought it was probably no longer served anywhere.  So it was going to be like getting one of Ernie Edwards' famous PigHip Sandwiches.  Wasn't going to happen.

However, I came across three locations where you can still get it.  Unfortunately, back when I wrote this information, I wasn't including dates, so maybe they do, maybe they don't.

PALMS CRYSTAL BAR AND RESTAURANT
1535 Pine Grove Avenue in Port Huron, Michigan

CHEERS BAR AND GRILL
6211 Point Tremble Road in Algonac, Michigan

McCARTHY'S GRILL
680 Cathcart Blvs. in Sarnia, Ontario

By 1950, the company had its chicken franchised in 250 places.

One of its ads had a rooster and a chicken playing golf.  The chicken says, "I'd gladly be fried for Chicken In the Rough."

http://www.chickenintherough.com

Maybe I Need To Go To Michigan.  --RoadDog

No comments: