The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Thursday, September 15, 2016

A Busy August 14th-- Part 3: The Vinyl Frontier

Sunday, August 14, 2016

Came home from the Rally By the Lake, picked up Liz and dropped her off at the Parish Fest in Johnsburg, I then went to McHenry and stopped at my favorite local mom and pop record store, The Vinyl Frontier, on Water Street (right by the Fox River).

Nothing like browsing through stacks of record albums and CDs, looking for that special one.  Something about flipping through those slabs of vinyl just brings back memories.  Today, I just bought two CDs (I try to limit myself to one or two CDs/LPs each time I go, but often there are more).

The two were "Phobia" by the Kinks and "We're Only In It for the Money" by Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention.  I had never heard these albums before, although I have heard a couple from Zappa on his "Mothermania" album.

Love Those Old Mom and Pop Record Stores.  --RoadDog


No comments: