The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Thursday, October 3, 2013

NC Bound Fall 2013-- Part 1: Driving There


I left home in Spring grove, Illinois, at 9:30 AM September 6th with the mpg reading 26.9 and set the trip odometer to zero. Drove 120 to 47 and then way south to I-74 near Champagne.

Of course, my tunes were on and was listening to Luke Bryan's new CD Crash My Party until Bob Stroud came on with his Ten at Ten on WDRV, 97.1 FM. Today was music from 1967, a personal favorite year for me:

STRAWBERRY FIELDS-- Beatles
I AM THE WALRUS-- Beatles
NOBODY BUT ME-- Human Beinz (as fine a garage rock, frat rock song as was ever performed)

LET'S SPEND THE NIGHT TOGETHER-- Rolling Stones
LIVE FOR TODAY-- Grass Roots
GIVE ME GOOD LOVIN'-- Spencer Davis Group
I DIG ROCK AND ROLL MUSIC-- Peter Paul and Mary

HEY JOE-- Jimi Hendrix
MR. SOUL-- Buffalo Springfield
STEPPING STONE-- Monkees

I listened to it on 96.9 FM until I had to switch over to 97.1 FM as got farther south.  These two stations are WDRV and simulcast.  96.9 is stronger in the northern Chicago area and 97.1 in the southern part.

On the Road Again.  --RoadDog

No comments: