The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

The Sad State of CDs...But Wait, There's a Little Hope

It always saddens me that the era of actually looking through and holding music in the form of CDs (and before that, cassettes, 8-tracks, vinyl albums and 45s and 78s) is fast approaching its end thanks to downloading.  It just "ain't" going to be the same.

Everytime I go into a store selling CDs, there are fewer each time.  Stores like Wal-Mart, K-Mart and Best Buy just don't much carry them anymore.

However, last Tuesday, I had to smile.  After going to the Springfield, Illinois, Barnes and Noble and seeing they only had about 50 CDs for sale, I remembered there was a Best Buy nearby and the last time I was there for a hour an in my glory.  Lots and lots of aisles of CDs. 

I ended up buying four CDs, including greatest hits by Leon Russell and the Shangri-Las.  Ended up playing the Shangri-Las most of the way home.  If ever there has been a group of girls who have suffered so much emotional boy problems than this group, I'd sure like to know who they were.  I figured Liz would really like the album; she did.

Poor Girls Have to make Better Boyfriend Picks.  --RoadDog

No comments: